Macy's Retail Commission Sales - Furniture/Mattresses, Full Time: Memorial City in Houston, Texas
* Job Overview: *
The Furniture and Mattress Sales Associate is responsible for providing outstanding customer service, meeting hourly sales, protection plan (WorryNoMore), return rate and Star Rewards goals on a personal and departmental basis while demonstrating superior product knowledge to customers. To create a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable. The associate is also responsible for followup/clienteling and performing other duties as necessary.
Essential Functions: *
• Be proficient in all systems need to complete transactions (SOCR, MySA, BT tablet app, POS, search and send and MPOS). • Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own. • Assist customers in all aspects of total store experience and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary. • Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority. • Handle all returns and delivery issues courteously and professionally. • Determine customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors. • Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns. • Suggest additional items to compliment customer furniture selection which includes both product and services such as WorryNoMore. • Offer to call other locations if items are unavailable within store. • Offer to put purchase on customer’s Macy’s charge account toward the end of the shopping experience. • Invite customers to come back and thank them by name. • Responsible for achieving personal sales goals, Star Reward goals, WorryNoMore Conversion Goal and return rate goal. • Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy’s commitment to our customer-the most important person in our stores. • Use MySa clientele program to maintain customer profile and contact information to increase personal sales. • Maintain contact with customers thru pre- and post-delivery contacts to ensure a positive shopping and delivery experience. • Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures. • Develop product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets, attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer, complete all vendor courses on the Big Ticket University. • Be aware of current promotional events and sales. • Maintain department recovery standards; which includes recovery and signing. • Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures • Perform other duties as necessary. • Follows shortage programs and procedures. • Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor. • Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Qualifications: *
- Education/Experience: *
- * • No specific educational accomplishment is required.
- Communication Skills: *
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Willing to proactively reach out to potential customers. • Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills: *
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Able to use a calculator.
- Reasoning Ability: *
• Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team in a competitive commission environment.
• Organization and excellent follow up skills required.
Physical Demands: *
• This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing.
• Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
• Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
• Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Other Skills: *
• Possess a strong sense of urgency.
• Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
• Possess a thirst for learning. • Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. • Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
Work Hours: *
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs .
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Job: Commissioned Sales
Req ID: 71695073